Choosing a Roofing Contractor
When it comes to choosing the right roofing contractor, there are many things you should consider before making the final decision. Your roof is protecting one of your most valuable assets (your home), so it’s important to make the right choice when it comes time to repair or replace.
- Are they fully insured to protect you the homeowner in the event of accident?ie. ladder through window, etc.
- Are all their employees covered by a W.S.I.B. Certificate?If they’re not and someone falls off your roof, the onus then falls onto the homeowner.
- How long do they guarantee their work?Any professional roofing contractor should be offering at least a 10 year guarantee.
- How long have they been in business in your area?Will they still be around if problems arise in the future.
- Do they have an office or storefront?There are a lot of “Roofers” who operate their business out of a truck with a cellphone. A professional roofing contractor will have a storefront with a sign and will be easy to find!
- Do they use quality materials from a reputable supplier?The last place you want to use “cheaper” material to save a few dollars is on your roof, which protects your total investment inside your home.
- How long will it take to complete the job?Is a job that should take one day going to drag on for a week? Are they going to take 3 hour lunch breaks?
- Are they quick to respond to your call?If it takes three phone calls and two weeks for them to come look at your roof, what will happen if you have a problem down the road.